Connect for World Down Syndrome Day in Africa
The Africa Down Syndrome Network, together with its member organisations, will encourage the global Down syndrome community to #CONNECT with each other, with the disability community, with key stakeholders and the general public in response to the impact of COVID-19 on persons with Down syndrome in education and health.
The events starts at 9:00 AM WAT (West Africa Time) (8:00 AM UTC) on Tuesday 23rd March.
- Ms Rose Mordi, President, Down Syndrome Foundation Nigeria and Chairperson, Africa Down Syndrome Network
- Mr Lefhoko Kesamang, Senior Social Officer, Social Affairs Department, African Union
- Ms Vanessa Dos Santos, President, Down Syndrome International and Co-Vice Chair, International Disability Alliance
- Dr Toyin Adenaike, Medical Unit, US Consulate, Nigeria
- Mr David Bara, Co-Founder, WeCanAccess Ltd, UK
- Mr AK Dube, CEO, Africa Disability Alliance
- Ms Sheri Brynard, Self-Advocate, Down Syndrome South Africa
- Mr George Okudi, Self-Advocate, Uganda Down Syndrome Association
- Mr Ali Jookhun, President, U-link and Founder, Down Syndrome Association Mauritius
- Dr Nelly Malatsi, Board Member, Botswana Down Syndrome Association
Down Syndrome International, Down Syndrome South Africa, Down Syndrome Foundation Nigeria, Africa Disability Alliance, African Disability Forum and African Union